Saturday, April 09, 2011

National Anthems - Just Love the Worlds

One thing that became extremely tedious at thh Brier was sitting through the Canadian national anthem at the start of EVERY draw, including playoffs.
I was pleasantly surprised at the start of this tournament when the draws featured not the Canadian national anthem, but rather the national anthem of the featured team of the draw. At least this meant variety, though if I were picking music to listen to it would not likely be a national anthem, with the possible exception of La Marseillaise.
Of course with only twelve teams and seventeen draws, they were going to run out of teams to feature, and I wondered what would happen at that point.
I was not here so I do not know, but I am delighted that so far in the playoffs nobody is even hinting at singing anyone's national anthem! Hooray!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4/09/2011 2:52 p.m., Blogger EclectEcon said...

Their solution was a good one: no national anthems for the morning draws.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home